Sunday, April 20, 2014

Update

So, it's been brought to my attention that I may need to rephrase and explain about a blog I made earlier. Through counseling, I was instructed that I cannot change my past. The only thing that I can do with my past is make peace with it. So, when I say that I would not change my past, it's because I have made peace with it. I cannot change it and, it is because of the past, that I am who I am. However, finding myself was not easy and I did suffer post-traumatic stress disorder and battered woman's syndrome as a result. I stand for raising awareness that domestic violence exists and ending domestic violence.  Though I can't erase my past, maybe my story will help someone change their future (avoid an abusive relationship) or maybe my story will help someone find the strength to leave their abuser and find peace with their past.

V.E. Avance

No comments:

Post a Comment